What is personal data?
What types of personal data does Marine Data Cloud collect?
Registration and log-in information
We collect the information you provide in our registration form when you sign up for an account. In order to become a Member of TheBoatApp/TheBoatDB you need to provide us your full name, email address and password in order to create your own personal account.
Marine Data Cloud collects information of visitors of our website or mobile apps, where this is voluntarily provided to meet a request from those individuals, such as when they interact with Marine Data Cloud 's Services, including indicatively but not limited to Customer Service and Sales teams in order to accurately categorize and respond to their requests. For example, we collect email address, and other information when visitors fill our contact form and request any information on our services, or the information they provide us when they use our service desk reporting forms or apply for a vacant position in our company.
Employee and Human Resource Data
Marine Data Cloud collects information from applicants to open positions or seeking employment with us, including private contact details, professional qualifications and previous employment history, necessary to reach employment decisions. Once employed, we collect information on staff for human resource, performance, payroll and tax purposes. We will collect and record employee level information in various company systems consistent with standard business operations such as the staff calendar or the company email platform that we use. We may also collect similar information relating to freelance consultants and contractors.
Use of Services
We collect information when you interact with and use the TheBoatApp/TheBoatDB website, TheBoatApp/TheBoatDB mobile applications and API. Specifically, we collect information about what and how you use our Services, such as the types of vessels you view or the frequency and duration of your activity. This can also include information about content you provide, such as the name or location of a photo you upload or the date a file was created by you. For example, we may log activity when you rate photos, click on ads, install a Marine Data Cloud mobile application, etc.
When you access our website and mobile apps or open electronic correspondence from us, our servers may record data regarding your device and the network you are using to connect with TheBoatApp/TheBoatDB. We collect information from or about the computers, phones or other devices where you access or install our Services, such as the operating system and hardware version you use, device settings, battery and signal strength, device identifiers and locations, including specific geographic locations, such as through GPS, Bluetooth or WiFi signals. For example, if you have given permission to the TheBoatApp/TheBoatDB mobile application to use your device's location, we might use this information for statistical purposes or to check you in a vessel or improve tracking coverage. We also collect information about your connection such as your internet service provider or your mobile operator, browser type, language and time zone, mobile phone number and IP address.
Information from third – parties
We may collect information about you and your activities on and off TheBoatApp/TheBoatDB from third-party partners, such as information from a partner when we offer our Services jointly or from an advertiser about your experience or interaction with them.
How do we use your personal data?
- Filing and archiving your personal data in databases for the proper execution of our Services to you
- Delivering, developing and improving our Services
- To communicate with you about our Services and inform you about our policies and terms and keeping records of this communication
- To promote and ensure the security of our website and Services
- Internal accounting and administration
- To comply with our legal obligations, for example regarding labour or tax law
- For research and analysis in relation to our business and services, including but not limited to trends and preferences in sales and use of our website and apps
- Involving you in market research and seeking feedback regarding our relationship with you and/or the service we have provided
- Targeted marketing communications relating our products and services (and those of third parties) that we think may interest you, in case you have expressly requested and/ or consented to receiving such actions from us.
Is personal information disclosed to third – parties?
- Our employees; Marine Data Cloud ensures that our employees who process your personal data are perfectly trained regarding the lawful manner for any processing thereof and have access only on a need-to-know basis in order to meet legitimate business purposes or according to the execution of contractual obligation.
- Our contractors and service providers, including suppliers of IT based solutions, that assist Marine Data Cloud in providing its Services;
- External business advisers, such as lawyers and auditors;
- Financial institutions and credit card providers, according to your explicit consent and authorization for the execution of a payment order (for example PayPal or Braintree);
- Google, mainly for email and calendar services and the provision of Google Analytics service;
- Marketing and market research and analysis companies (for example Salesforce and Hubspot);
- Government agencies, public authorities and regulatory bodies in order to comply with a valid and authorized request, including a court order or other valid legal process.